The Pre-licensing Course is a program designed to educate New York State’s new drivers by promoting safe, courteous, defensive, and alcohol/drug-free driving.
The course goals are as follows:
- To reduce injuries, crashes, traffic violations and property damage.
- To help students become responsible drivers.
- To learn about the dangers of fatigue, alcohol, drugs and other driving-impairing substances.
- To develop a positive attitude towards safe and defensive driving.
- To encourage and promote safety belt and child safety seat use.
- To learn how to fit safely into the transportation system with other highway users.
- To familiarize students with the “rules of the road”.